Home » » Aaron Brown's Journalism 101: There is almost no emergency worth leaving the golf course for

Aaron Brown's Journalism 101: There is almost no emergency worth leaving the golf course for

Written By mista sense on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 | 7:37 AM


So Jon Klein-jettisoned former CNN anchor Aaron Brown is heading to the classroom, the one place where, as Bill Goodykoontz so aptly puts it in the Arizona Republic, ratings don't matter:

Beginning next spring, Brown, 57, will serve for one semester as the John J. Rhodes Chair in Public Policy and American Institutions in the Barrett Honors College at Arizona State University. And if Christopher Callahan, dean of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communications, gets his wish, Brown might stick around longer. "I'm really open to it." Brown said of considering teaching future journalism classes. "I'm at a point in my life where I'm really trying to figure out what I want to do, how much I want to do, what sort of challenges I haven't done I'd like to take on."

...Brown, who said he attended the University of Minnesota briefly, said he's not particularly worried about a future television gig conflicting with teaching. While he's interested in projects and such, Brown said he's not seeking another anchor job.

"I'm not looking to do that which I've already done again to simply do it again," he said. "To my satisfaction, I've accomplished in that arena the things I set out to accomplish. I'd like to accomplish some things outside the traditional evening news arena."


Ahem. I'm glad that Aaron Brown has a pastime to round out his tee times with, but if I were a student at ASU's journalism school, I just might be a tad perturbed that my tuition doesn't rate a journalism professor who actually passed, let alone aced, journalism when he was a journalist.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Ad

a4ad5535b0e54cd2cfc87d25d937e2e18982e9df

Ad