Home » » Career Announcement !!

Career Announcement !!

Written By mista sense on Thursday, April 7, 2011 | 7:09 AM

Hey, so we have a new editor in chief and business director at Gamasutra! We've made a few notable and very exciting changes over there, which includes my decision to become freelance Editor at Large for the site. As you might've noticed, I've usually got so many projects going on that many people have assumed I've been freelance all along, ha.

I'm still very much part of the excellent Gamasutra team, except now I'm at liberty to take on all kinds of other projects, too. I'll continue to develop original trade-focused reporting and interviews for Gamasutra as I'm doing other work -- for one thing, you've probably spotted me doing some more social media and general-audience type stuff at the fantastic Thought Catalog, where I'll be appearing twice a week. You can still find me monthly at Kotaku as well, doing my column on the culture surrounding games and gamers.

I've also taken on the games section in NYLON Guys -- the May issue of NYLON's bimonthly men's mag came out really lovely so, if you want to read my feature on storytelling in L.A. Noire, or see some indie devs and Facebook games I thought were worth spotlighting, keep your eyes peeled for it.

I have a few other projects underway I can't say much about just yet, and I continue to work with other outlets both in the games press and outside of it on various things that you'll likely see surfacing soon. And of course I'll continue to look after SVGL! It's pretty much the most exciting time in my career thus far, and I remain deeply appreciative of everyone's support and attention.

And I want to do all kinds of other things in all kinds of areas, so if you'd like to work together professionally in some capacity, I'm available to discuss -- no idea is too crazy, so hit me up! I can't wait to see what will happen.

Meanwhile, this is MY NEXT PROJECT SRSLY (see also the wiki and the twitter convo that started it all)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Ad

a4ad5535b0e54cd2cfc87d25d937e2e18982e9df

Ad
If you are not interested in writeanessayforme , then you have already missed a lot.