Home » , » That's It; I'm Moving to Japan

That's It; I'm Moving to Japan

Written By mista sense on Friday, May 4, 2007 | 7:21 AM

The reason? Dig what Amazon says they get to buy right now. No, I cannot read Japanese, so you needn't inform me about region-free DS-- thus I doubt I'll get my hands on the game that's currently rocking the Japanese toplist (as recently as this morning, Kotaku and InsertCredit reported it was #1, even ahead of the PSP Final Fantasy Tactics release, which is now ensconced in first place).

What is this mysterious chart-burner? What could displace highly-anticipated heavy-hitters like Revenant Wings, Phantom Hourglass and Odin's Sphere (holy wow, Atlus is on fire)?

A game that looks like this:

If Doki Doki Majo Shinpan were to make it Stateside, it could translate as "Heartthrob Witch Trial." Figure out which of the lovely young girls on the school campus is a witch by palpating her with the touch screen. Judging by the image above, there seems to be an open hand and a pointed finger, as well as eyes and lips, all very important witch-hunting instruments, of course.

Why this game would be so popular as to supersede Revenant Wings, I simply can't imagine. Doesn't Vaan look like he's asking for it?

...I didn't say I don't want to play this, either-- who cares if it's in Japanese? Call it a hunch, but I doubt that dialogue's real important in this case.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Ad

a4ad5535b0e54cd2cfc87d25d937e2e18982e9df

Ad