Home » , , » I'm Gonna See The Folks I Dig

I'm Gonna See The Folks I Dig

Written By mista sense on Friday, June 3, 2011 | 10:34 AM

How is it that it isn't even E3 and I'm already tired? I hung with One Life Left maestro Ste Curran this past week here in New York and finally learned to play cricket (special thanks to Sabrepulse for being my batting coach), so I suppose I've been a little heavy on the revelry.

Heavy on the L.A. Noire too. I expect to write more on it quite soon (my preview ran in the May issue of NYLON Guys), but right now you can read takes by Kirk Hamilton, Tom Chick and Mitch Krpata.

Meanwhile, I did this story on the complex journey Jason Rohrer's Diamond Trust of London's taken on its way to a publishing deal with Zoo Games -- he and I talked about how the evolving DS software market hit everyone hard and what the consequences could be for developers in progress like him.

And I joined the awesome Michael Abbott on the Brainy Gamer podcast, just to make Manveer Heir mad, basically. Also to talk about my work lately, the internet and E3, I guess. I love-love-love talking to Michael and hearing his excellent radio voice. Tom Bissell is on this one too, so there's that! Check it out.

Let's see, what else: If you read OXM, I have a feature in the magazine this month that's like six pages long, dealing with the state of female protagonists in games. They seem to be working hard to up the magazine's ante, and although I actually haven't seen a copy myself, I hear good things. Try to find it if you can: I talked to a lot of cool people for it, like Hideki Kamiya, Erik Wolpaw, BioWare writer Mac Walters, Darrell Gallagher from Tomb Raider, and so on and so on.

You can find me in Edge mag every month from now on also. I'm extremely excited about this.

I leave Sunday for E3, which I'm covering for Gamasutra. I doubt I'll blog much, but I'll try to make sure my Twitter is useful to you, packed with exciting, newsworthy/drunk updates from Los Angeles. California, will you take me as I am?

[Today's Good Song Album: 'Sun And Shade', Woods]

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Ad

a4ad5535b0e54cd2cfc87d25d937e2e18982e9df

Ad