Home » , , , » Winds and Women

Winds and Women

Written By mista sense on Friday, May 16, 2008 | 1:15 PM


I'm stressed out a lot, but I do really like my work. Even when I'm having a bad day, there are days like the one earlier this week, when I have to call up a Playboy model and talk to her about RPGs for a while and I realize, 'dude, I'm at work.'

That really did happen, and in case you didn't see it yet, my interview with "2008 Cyber Girl of the Year" Jo Garcia is up at Kotaku. I have to say, I was skeptical about whether she'd really know anything about games -- so many girls out there put an XBL headset on and say "Hey boys! I like Halo! Give me web hits!"

She's for real, though, and I also got her feedback on how she feels about female sexuality being used to manipulate game consumers (thereby creating further skepticism and misogyny towards the idea of "girl gamers"). Check it out.

Just today, I got to talk to the developers of LostWinds, which you guys know I like. I asked them where they got the idea for the visual aesthetic and how they think WiiWare might change the game as far as getting more interesting game concepts out there. It's here.

Here's a "tough" question; between these two stories, which one do you think is more relevant, really? Now, which one is going to get more pageviews?

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Ad

a4ad5535b0e54cd2cfc87d25d937e2e18982e9df

Ad